As you start planning your next safari, we beg to ask the obvious question; “How do you know you’re choosing the right outfitter for your next African hunt?”
We know how limited your time is and we understand your concerns. You have a predetermined budget for your next safari, and you’re not only after getting your monies worth in hunting, but the entire experience. You want to hunt large areas and have a shot at world-class trophies day in and day out. You’re after an enjoyable hassle free trip from the time of booking until your beautiful trophies are proudly displayed on your wall back home. You’re after the turn-key experience with a professionally guaranteed outfit , and we’re here to ensure that’s exactly what you’ll get.
In fact we’re so confident in our product that we asked Craig Boddington what he thought of John X Safaris after his first experience on safari with us.
Carl van Zyl and his team at John X Safaris are a real class act! Carl’s “home lodge” at Lalibela is one of the nicest lodges I’ve ever seen…and Carl has other concessions scattered around the Eastern Cape. Depending on the game you’re looking for, you can hunt coastal thorn-bush, high mountains, or the Great Karoo. Carl was my choice when I took my daughter Caroline on her first safari, and a great choice it was!
We then went one step further and asked Aaron Davidson, owner of Gunwerks, leaders of the long-range industry, whom have joined us on numerous safaris, to share his views on John X Safaris.
There is one thing I’ve learned from 10 years of international hunting, if you go with the right outfitter to the right place, you will have an excellent experience. If you’ve ever made the mistake of making the selection about the “deal” or package, you know what I’m talking about.
For a South African safari, John X Safaris is the right place, and Carl Van Zyl is the right outfitter. He knows how to put you on big animals in an environment suited for lifelong memories. Our partnership to develop a “Long Range Safari” experience is in its fourth year, and I can recommend no other hunting trip or shooting event that will give you a better opportunity to test and improve your long-range shooting expertise.
On one trip, you can get a lifetime of not only long-range hunting experiences, but opportunities at big game like nowhere else.
Carl and his team have a passion for your success, and they know how to find and stalk game the Gunwerks way.
At John X Safaris we pride ourselves on our high percentage of repeat clientele, a direct result of our dedicated team of professional hunters, trackers, skinners, camp staff and office personnel taking care of your every need.
The Eastern Cape of South Africa is our base and home. This Malaria Free area offers a diverse combination of landscapes, vegetation and wildlife, together making it a unique hunting destination for the first time hunter to Africa. We hunt large Big 5 game reserves/ranches offering world-class Plains Game, Cape Buffalo, and White Rhino.
Further north, Mozambique’s Zambezi Delta is our flag-ship in concession hunting, making it one of the few areas where one has the opportunity of a true classical big five safari combined with a variety of plains game. In Cameroon we hunt the Savannah for the magnificent Lord Derby Eland, or enjoy the thrill of a Pygmy led chase on the ever impressive Bongo in the rain forest. Botswana and Namibia’s Kalahari Desert offers some of the best bow areas in Africa, with numerous opportunities on trophy quality plains game. While Zimbabwe and Zambia plays host to some of the best Leopard and Lion hunting in Africa.
SO if you’re after…
- An outfit that welcomes all hunters, no matter what your age, physical condition or hunting capabilities.
- Over 30 Species of World-Class Plains Game in abundance across large concessions.
- Fair Chase Big 5 on large concessions/reserves.
- Lodging second to none. Where you can choose 1 of 3 different lodges throughout the East Cape, with our base camp located on our Big 5 Game Reserve. Yes – you will hear free-roaming lions at night, and experience Elephants, Giraffe, Cheetah, Hippo, Rhino, Buffalo, and Zebra in the wild. You do not have to be on a Big 5 hunt to experience this at John X Safaris.
- Unlimited Tiny 10.
- Mountain hunting like nowhere else in Southern Africa.
- Both large high-fenced concessions or free-range areas. We have access to over 3 million acres in the East Cape alone.
- A hunt that caters to you the hunter – serious about achieving your desired results without “package deals” standing in the way of your goals.
- A family friendly atmosphere where youngsters are welcomed free of charge. Take us up on our initiative of #Gettingtheyouthhunting
- A destination that welcomes lady hunters and has been doing so for many years.
- A destination that welcomes observers and prioritize their experience/s as much as that of the hunter.
- A destination that welcomes groups, and can cater to groups by having large enough areas and a big enough team ensuring every member of the group leaves us satisfied. Feel free to take us up on #Groupdiscount or #Groupleaderdiscount.
- Professional Hunters who take your safari seriously, ensuring your priorities are not only met, but your expectations exceeded.
- An outfit who hunts for a living – You – Our Hunter, is our priority, not the ranch or any sideshows. Our business is hunting, and hunting only. We dedicate 24 hours a day to you ensuring your safari is everything you’d hoped for.
- Hunting with an outfit that not only “talks” about the good work it does, but actually get’s it hands dirty making a true difference via our John X Foundation.
- An outfit who believes in hunting for conservation – after all, if we didn’t practice what we preached, how could we still be the leaders after 32 years in the safari industry.
Then John X Safaris is the Outfit for YOU.
So if we have ticked your requirements then we’d like to hear more from you. Bookings for 2016/17/18 are coming in at a steady pace and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible during our upcoming travels across North America.
Below is a quick reminder of our 2016 show and travel schedule. If you or any of your friends may be interested in meeting with us, please drop us a line, we’d be glad to fit you or them into our schedule.
USA – January/February 2016
Dallas Safari Club Show – Dallas, Texas: 7 – 10 January 2016 – Both Carl and Stix will be at the show.
- Houston, Texas, Cocktail Party/Visit: 11 – 14 January 2016 – Any interested hunters can join us for an evening BBQ Reception at the Travis residence in Cypress, TX, Wednesday, 13 January.
- Kearney, Nebraska Cocktail Party/Visit: 14 – 15 January 2016 – Cocktail evening with the Hertner’s in Kearney, Friday evening, 15 January.
- Omaha, Nebraska Cocktail Party/Visit: 16 – 18 January 2016 – Cocktail evening with Steve & Jill Evers from Wildlife Creation Taxidermy, Sunday 17 January. Any folks interested in visiting or meeting up with us while in the Omaha area can plan to do so from 16:00 on wards at the Evers residence in Omaha.
- The week of 18-22 January 2016 will see Carl enjoy a bird shoot in Vance, MS, while Stix will be visiting with our good friend Sam Cunningham in Amarillo, TX. Any folks interested in meeting up with Stix can schedule a preferred time during the week.
- Jackson, Mississippi: 22 – 24 January 2015 – Carl & Stix will be visiting with our good friend Mike Jarvis.
- Salt Lake City / Eagle Mountain, Utah: 24-27 January 2016 –Fun evening with all our friends from Eagle Mountain, Wednesday evening 27 January – Both Carl & Stix will be in Eagle Mountain.
- Pleasant View, Utah: 28 – 31 January 2016 – Fun Evening with the Nelsen brothers, Friday 29 January – Both Carl & Stix will be in Pleasant View.
Safari Club International – Las Vegas, Nevada: 3 – 6 February 2016 – The entire crew consisting of Carl, Stix, Dave Harwood, Brett Nelson, and Jose, will be at the show.
Hunting with John X Safaris is more than just a hunt – It’s the total safari experience. It is a journey of discovery, a wakening of the senses, and ultimately the realization of the dream of hunting Africa.
Whether it is your first trip to Africa, a hunt for the big five, or the choice of forty different plains game species, we are here to cater to your every need.
Contact us for your next hunt on firstname.lastname@example.org – We’d gladly assist by dropping you a mail, giving you a call or visiting you in your home state.